Thursday, July 10, 2008

Travel lows

It happens to everyone. You lose your passport, unknowingly get taken at shady money exchange place, get seperated from your luggage, contract the trots, you know... traveling lows. None of these things have happend to us but the other day I had a few low moments. Here at the farm they we have a lot of ants and cockroaches in our apartment. Not a big deal, however they play a vital role in my low moment. P.S. you may not want to read on if you´ve ever used the term, too much information. P.P.S. there wont be pics with this post.

It started early, as good low moments do, when I got out of bed with an intense pain coming from my nether parts. As I checked things out I said out loud, ¨There is an ant biting my penis.¨ As shocked as you are, imagine how I felt. So naturally I killed the ant so that is wouldn´t tell its friends about how small I am. No, I set it free so it could brag. No its tiny, I killed it.
My second low moment can when I realized I didn´t have any underwear, clean or other. See we had attempted to us the washing machine the night before only to completly screw it up so all my underwear were soaked and not clean. So I did what anyone would do in my situation, I wore some of Rachel´s. As it turned out they where the pair that she was wearing when she fell down the stairs about a week (and 1 wash) ago. They were surpisingly comfortable but I sure didn´t tell Tolo.

And last but not least I almost got pickpokected in Palma. We were on the bus with our huge packs when a squirly teen with a backpack asked an older gentlemen with glassess if he could be next the window, next to me. I was standing next to my pack when I felt a subtle but certain tug on the inside of my front pocket where my wallet was. You might self-rightously say, well you should have done this or that. Well, Rachel had put velrco (loop) on the inside of my pocket and (hook) on my wallet. Also, the inside lining of the pockets is ultra light mesh so I have extreme sensitivity when it comes to anyone reaching into said pocket. Essentially he was reaching into the eqivalent of a Fort Knox spider´s web. Once I knew what was up I calmy removed my wallet, showed it to him, asked him if this was what he was after, and shoved it deep into the bowels of my backpack. He all of a sudden remembered that this was his stop and made for the door. There was some pushing, on his part to get passed the guy in the glasses and on my part to help him on his way. I even slapped him on the butt for good measure, which was not necessary and certainly caused what happend next. As he got to the open door he whirled around and spit in the face of the guy with glasses. I have no idea why. But the man calmly cleaned his glasses and his face not saying a word.

Low moments.

2 comments:

JereAnn said...

You should write a book....I am really enjoying your 'expose' on your trip!

Meaghan said...

oh my... I'm sorry to hear about your low moments - and all the TMI (too much information) reminded me of New Orleans, so thanks!

Here's to more stories - it might only happen to the two of you! <3